This is my second year teaching a kids word camp through my local library. It’s a week away and I’m creating all my handouts and finalizing my talking points. Have you ever wanted to host your own writing camp for the kids in your life?
Here are few things you need to know to put on your own camp:
- Ages: Our camp is geared for ages nine to twelve.
- Theme: This year our theme is Treasure Hunters.
- Teachers: This year we have three teachers but you could have more or less.
- Topics: Last year we covered some items around the craft of writing. This year we are discussing categories and genres.
- Extras: Totes, notebooks, badges, or other decor to go with your theme.
- Schedule: Decide on a time frame, ours is 5 days from nine to noon at the library. We are also doing thirty minute stations for each teacher.
- Handouts: I’ve created theme based handouts to go with each topic for the day.
I’ve got my department of antiquity handouts available for sale below. In the meantime here is a freebie handout of the topics we covered in three group rotations and the logo I created for our theme. You can use the freebie on it’s own or in tandem with the digital download. If you have questions about hosting your own word camp event feel free to comment below or email me through my contact page.
Word Camp Treasure Hunters Digital Download Packet
This themed digital download will give you 24 pages of handouts for kids to engage with during your word camp event. It also includes a registration table sign, snack table sign, and blank name tags all with the Treasure Hunter theme. After purchase I will email you a PDF copy of the file for your own use. BONUS: Word Hunt Game Included!