Valentine’s day is coming up(YAY!), and I thought this would be a great time to try to make Bath Bombs. Get ready to relax with this stress relieving DIY!!
I love taking baths and I don’t use Bath Bombs because they can be really expensive. I did some research and making them from home is easy and a lot cheaper. I had all of the items needed to make these except for citric acid. This is a fun and simple DIY that you are going to love!
You will need:
- 4 oz. baking soda
- 2 oz. corn starch
- 2 oz. citric acid ( you can find this in the canning section at your local store)
- 2 oz. Epsom salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon your choice of essential oil ( I used lavender and eucalyptus)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon oil (I used jojoba oil, coconut oil would work great too just make sure it is in a liquid state)
- 1-2 drops food coloring (you do not need food coloring but if you want your bath water to turn color you will need the food coloring, it did not stain my bath tub at all)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Mold ( most bath bombs come in a sphere, but I didn’t have any molds like that, the mold I used was from the wedding aisle at walmart,if you don’t want to buy a mold you can just use a muffin tin)
- Parchment paper, or just something to set them on to dry
Mix all of the dry ingredients together really well.
In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients
Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients very slowly (it will be fizzy if you add too much in at a time so be careful to add just small amounts)
Fill your mold with as much as you can, you need to pack it in as much as possible in order for it to dry and not fall apart.
Take out of mold and let dry for 24 hours.
Tip: Don’t be afraid to add glitter(non toxic), rose petals, lavender, sugar flowers, etc. to make your bath bombs more fun!