I was at the Asian market yesterday and I found a great deal on tomatoes on the vine, for $2 a box and they were buy one get one free. There is so much you can do with tomatoes, I thought I would share with you an easy way to preserve them. It isn’t time consuming to make these if you are already at home, and when you are done you can freeze them to use over the next couple of months.
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary, Thyme or whatever herbs you have available to you
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash your tomatoes, I used a veggie cleaner on mine and let them soak for a couple minutes and rinsed them again.
- Take out a baking sheet that has edges(enough so the olive oil doesn’t run off the side). Coat the pan with olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes in half and set cut side down on the pan.
- Add in whatever herbs you would like I used thyme and rosemary because that is what I had in my refrigerator leftover from making homemade chicken stock. I also placed about 12 garlic cloves in with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 2 hours at 325 degrees. When they are finished roasting them you can use them right away or let them cool and then freeze them.
1 thought on “Oven Roasted Tomatoes”