At any craft store or even the dollar store you can get clear plain glass ornaments. You can grab some of these and have a fun craft night with your kids! Acrylic paint works fine on them, you can also use glitter, fabric or any other type of crafting material.
There are so many ways you can make ornaments with these. I wanted to list out 10 ideas for when you go to create yours.
- Wrap in fabric strips of your choice, use a hot glue gun to adhere fabric.
- Put paint inside them and create a cool effect, this one is great for kids they can squirt different colors in and move the ornament around to let it drip or mix together.
- Hand paint your ornaments like how I pictured them below. You can also use sharpie markers if you are better with a marker than a brush.
- Hot glue a cool design and when the hot glue is drying drop glitter onto it to make the glue glittery.
- Spray with adhesive and make the entire ornament glitter!
- If you have very small children maybe try foam stickers, rhinestones, or regular stickers to create your ornament.
- Wrap yarn or rope around them adhere with hot glue to create a yarn ball effect.
- Hand lettered your childs name onto the ornament and fill a little bit with glitter.
- Fill the ornament with pom poms!
- Buy glass stain and hand dip the bottoms of the ornaments to get an ombre watercolor look.