I grew up in the 90’s and hair styles were different. Top of the trends were hair wraps. I know you remember, don’t deny it.
- All you do is start with one of those little plastic hair ties that are super hard to get out and bundle up a small section of hair usually next to the ear.
- Pick your favorite colors of string and knot them together at one end.
- Tuck that sting end into the hair tie.
- Now you can start wrapping. Bundle the colors you aren’t using at the moment in with the hair getting wrapped to hide them. Get creative with this part because you can add flourishes, feathers, braids, and beads if you want.
- Switch colors back and forth as much as you like.
- Finish with another plastic hair tie.
- Trim your string to be short or let a few strands fly like a rainbow if you want.
My kids are calling it “rainbow hair” but regardless of the name let’s bring back the hair wrap style. Share your favorite color combinations below! If you need more inspiration check out Pinterest for some amazing combinations.