After giving bath bombs a try I thought I would experiment making bath salts too. I use bath salts a lot and I LOVE them. I usually use a cup at a time so this DIY would be enough for about 3 or 4 baths. It is so relaxing and has many health benefits!
Epsom salts absorbed through the skin also work to relieve muscle tension, pain, and inflammation in joints. Submerge yourself in a warm Epsom salt bath to alleviate tension headaches or soothe abdominal cramps. Tired and sore feet will also benefit from the therapeutic warmth of an Epsom salt soak.- For more benefits please visit here.
What you need:
-Epsom salts (you can purchase at Walmart or even the dollar store)
-Lavender essential oil
-Purple Food Coloring
-1/4 cup Baking soda
-Jar (the one pictured was from target for $1)
- Add baking soda to your jar, fill the jar with Epsom salts and then pour into the mixing bowl.
- Add 4 drops of essential oil, you can add more or less depending on the size of your jar. Feel free to use any type of essential oil you would like, some of my favorites are orange, eucalyptus and tea tree oils.
- Add in 5 drops of food coloring, I chose purple to go with the lavender and it turned out perfect!
- Mix ingredients, this may take a couple minutes to get the food coloring to be incorporated in the salts.
- If you want extra texture you can add dried lavender to your salts. Fill your jar with the mixed salts.
- Finish your jar with the ribbon by making a cute bow.